Sunday, February 7, 2010

My Church Sevice today!

My Church Service today, i.e. between 7:45 and 10:30, was spent kicking and scraping snow from around my car. Yes, I said kicking and scraping because my neighbors were using the snow shovel at the time.

However, because the snow was so deep and it really wouldn't have been intelligble for me to where my 4 inch heels outside, I had to sit on top of the snow to clean the snow off of the top of my car! Once I cleaned the hood, I sat on top of that to clean the windshield, and so on and so forth. I guess my neighbors decided to help me out because I kept pushing it too their side after they cleaned (totally not on purpose, but they saw me struggling).



Then, the woman of my neighbor's house (because she came out fussing in their language and they stopped shoveling) said to me "are you the girl from upstairs?" I said, "Yes". Now, I should have asked her to clarify which one because there are 3 of us in separate units. I am hoping I am the right one because she made them help me!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!! I could have shouted right then, but I didn't want to scare them away! In the words of J Moss..."There's a praise on the inside!"



In anycase, now that my church service is over, the pastor (God himself delivered this message) made these three points:

1. When God is in control, everything works out best! None of us could have prevented the storm from occuring but all of us can help each other get through it! Sometimes, the only time we will even consider helping a neighbor, is when God has taken everything out of hands (we call it nature and/or natural diseasters).

2. When you express Godliness to those who either don't know or don't believe, they will express God's love back to you and not even know it!!! I guess I am known as "that girl" in my building. She gives everyone Christmas cards and prays over their doors at Easter. Yes, that girl. Who tried to give a neighbor a jump and drive him to the store, yet her car is still covered in snow. Yes. That girl. When your heart is full of God's Love, and you are righteous before God, He pours compassion into the hearts of others (believers and non-believers alike) to express the same towards you.

3. God doesn't expect anything but a Thank You and obedience! After my car was mobile and clean (more so than on an average day), I tried to assist my neighbors in cleaning their cars. But they refused and said, "Go get warm". So here I am....on the internet...in my warm home (PRAISE The LORD!).
All those who have an ear, let them hear!
I am so grateful. Can you all pray for my neighbors?

Well, that is my adventure in Snows Church, VA!!

God Bless.
Smooches,
Love,
Me

1 comment: